Here are some tips I have learn along the way.
- Collect all your ingredients and read through the recipe before you begin to cook.
- Have a large bowl for your trash.
- When saute , get your pan good and hot.
- Toast nuts to bring out their flavor
- Pat chicken breast dry to help them brown.
- Roll lemon and limes on the counter before squeezing to extract more juice.
Here are some easy ways to dress up your dinner.
- Serve one dish meals in shallow pasta bowls.
- Garnish with fresh herbs cut in springs.
- Try putting sauce under food instead of over food.
- Slice meat and fan on plate.
- Arrange food on bed of greens.
- Sprinkle herbs and spices around the edge of the plate.
- Garnish desserts with powdered sugar, cocoa, chopped fruit or whole berries.
- Wipe plate edges free of spatters prior to serving.
Here are some links with tips to take better pictures of your food.
- Pioneer Woman Photography- Photography and Photoshop tips
- Food Photo 101- Nikas Culinaria
- Food Styling and Photography at BlogHer Conference- La Tartine Gourmande
- Photography on Simply Recipes – more great links at the bottom of the post
- Photography Tips – Use Real Butter keeping it real
- Food Photography Tips – 101 Cookbooks
- Still Life With…- great blog with “little nuggets from the front lines of food styling and photography”
- Food Photography – An Introduction – Digital Photography School